Friday, February 13

The memory of an old friend

went flashing through my brain today when, during one of my wildly rambling Internet links-following adventures in the wee hours of the deep night, I was lead to a website of the brilliantly depressing but oddly highly motivational Charles Bukowski.( http://bukowski.net/ )~one of the most intriguing American poets of what is sometimes called the Beat Generation. But to catagorize him as such is a diservice to his soul, methinks! He was sometimes labelled the "poet laureat of Skid Row".

Anywayyyyyy, the link trip reminded me of a much beloved, far-off friend whose life and mine crossed cyber paths for a half dozen years and brought many a smile and heart-poke to me. This is one of the poems I kept tucked in my *why I love the Internet and the amazing souls it brings into my life* file.


Bluebird

There's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you.

C. Bukowski

No comments:

Post a Comment